Congenital defects and diseases in the urinary tract or genitals of your child has to be identified early and rectified sooner. Unattended conditions put your child into various complications for rest of their life. The urinary tract includes the kidneys, ureters, and the bladder while the genital system includes the reproductive organs. Many of these conditions can now be diagnosed during antenatal period and this permits to properly counsel the parents regarding the natural course of the problem, management and finances involved. Also most of these conditions can be treated by using various endoscopic techniques avoiding any large morbid incisions of open surgery. Consultation of a pediatric urologist becomes essential when you notice any abnormalities in your child’s organs and system.
Best pediatric urologist in India
Pediatric urologists are the specialised experts who can diagnose, treat and administer your child related urinary and genital conditions. You may find the best solution for your child’s problem through the best pediatric urologist in India.
Finding out the real problem in your child is not always easy. Children cannot exactly indicate what is troubling them. They do not know to answer medical questions correctly, and they are not at all cooperative during medical tests. The best pediatric urologist in India has the experience in handling the children patiently and in treating the children after a thorough examination and precise diagnosis. He also uses state-of-the-art facilities and specialised equipment. Your child is treated in a very comfortable and fearless environment by the best pediatric urologist in India.
Conditions requiring treatment
The pediatric urologist would diagnose as your childis affected by one of the below conditions, although this list is not exhaustive –
- Hypospadias: This is a congenital condition, where the urinary opening (urethra) is on the underside of the penis instead of being at the tip.
- Epispadias: This is a congenital condition, where the urinatory opening (urethra) is on the top of the penis instead of being at the tip. In girls, the urinatory opening is towards the clitoris or even belly area.
- Chordee: This is also a congenital condition, where the penis usually curves downwards. This could also be accompanied by Hypospadias.
- Undescended Testis: this is a condition in which the testis does not descend down to there normal position in scrotal sacs.
- Vesicoureteral reflux: This is an abnormality of urinatory function where flow of urine from the bladder reverts to the ureters (tubes which connect kidneys and bladder).
- Pelvi-Ureteric Junction Obstruction: This is a blockage between the kidney pelvis and draining pipe(ureter) which can affect the kidney functions.
- Posterior Urethral Valve: This is condition in which a valve in the urinary passage obstructs the urinary flow.
- Balanoposthitis: This is the inflammation in both the penis head and the foreskin, caused by yeast or fungal infections or any other reasons.
- Renal and Adrenal tumor: Wilms tumor and Neuroblastoma
Symptoms requiring pediatric urologist’s consultation
Some of the abnormalities are thoroughly visible, whereas many of the symptoms need to be observed in your child during his normal course of a day. Below are few symptoms you need to know –
- Urinary opening located not at the right spot
- Abnormalities in the shape of genitals
- Unusual skin tethering
- Poor urinary stream
- Persistent urge to urinate
- Passing urine frequently in small amounts
- Complaining of pain or burning sensation during urinating
- Hesitancy to urinate
- Blood in urine
- Cloudy or strong-smelling urine
- Lump or pain in abdomen
Complications of ignoring the symptoms
Repercussions of postponing the doctor appointments are serious than you think. Children tend to indicate their problems, only if it is impossible to bear up the pain any more. As responsible parents, we need to be vigilant and wise enough to spot the doubtful symptoms. Complications of ignoring the symptoms are unimaginable. This includes –
- Abnormal curvature of the penis
- Problems in learning to use toilets
- Possibility to develop pyelonephritis during pregnancy of a girl child once grown up
- Kidney scarring or failure
- Hypertension or blood pressure
What types of treatments are given by the best pediatric urologist in Delhi?
- Diagnosis and treatment of conditions that require a surgery
- Surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract and genital abnormalities
- Diagnosis and treatment of kidney stone disease
- Surgical administration of tumors and problems of the bladder, kidney and testis
- Evaluation and treatment of urological tract conditions diagnosed before birth
Things to do before consulting the best pediatric urologist in Delhi
Precise diagnosis and effective treatment depends on your commitment and choice of the best pediatric urologist. Before making the appointment, here are the things to do –
- Note down all the signs and symptoms of your child that you doubt necessitating treatment
- Get your child’s medical history on other health problems and recent reports
- Think of your family’s medical history that you feel the child could have inherited
- Doctor prescriptions of any medications that your child is taking
- Quick questions and clarifications to know from your doctor
Our doctors are committed to give the best treatment that your child require. It is your responsibility to make an urgent appointment with a consultant, once you notice any symptoms of genitals or urinary tract disorders in your child. Be sure your child is taken to the best pediatric urologist in India, who possess the greatest expertise, comprehensive training and extensive experience treating children.